Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Daughter



Another possible title for this entry: EIEIEIEIIEIIEIEIIE!!!!!!!!!

We are thrilled to announce our little girl referral!! We are so excited and still in a little bit of shock.
Friday, Nov. 14th I was driving home when Jon called me and asked me if I was somewhere I could pull over. I was almost to the house so I said I would be right in. I suspected we had moved on the wait list, because that is always BIG news at our house.

When I pulled in the drive, Jon ran out to meet me. I asked, "Was there a referral?" Jon nodded and said, "There was a referral-it was OURS!!"

Well we just held each other and looked at our little girl's face for the first time. Sigh. I have no words to describe it and I have a Master's in Literacy!

Here are the facts:

Given Name: Li, Heng-Chen (Li is the family surname)
Birthday: October 24th
Weight: 5 lbs. 7 oz.
Height: 18 in.

Check out our adorable baby girl:



9 comments:

loffer said...

Congratulations Sara!!! She is soooo beautiful! I hope she is in your arms very soon!

Lora O.

Journey to our baby said...

CONGRATS!!!! Abby is beautiful! I am so happy for you!!!! I can't even imagine how amazing you must feel right now.

Suzy
Prog 3
waitlisted 3/17

Lisa said...

Sara!
OH MY GOSH...I still have to respond to the board, but my fingers were just a'itching to see that baby! Okay...she is beautiful!! I loved reading your referral story and could not be more thrilled for you!! Long awaited and well worth it & beyond!
(((HUGS)))
Lisa C.
P.S. The blog looks super!

Casey said...

She is soooo beautiful.

Congratulations!!

Casey

Joe&MichelleLiss said...

So exctied for you guys! Congrats!

PamFitz said...

Oh my, she is just perfect! Congratulations to your beautiful family!
Pam

rachel said...

congratulations!!!! she's perfect!

rachel
(formerly JOH)

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

yea......so excited for you Sara, and Abby is adorable, just as I knew she would be!!!

Very excited for you, and you are just right behind us, so just maybe our paths will cross in Taiwan, otherwise we will see you out in San Diego next summer when we make our annual beach trip to Leaucadia!!!

Again congrats and wishing you a speedy process....feels pretty good once you get over the nausea:)

jules

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Sara and Jonathan, Abby is absolutely perfect!!! I am just so happy for you guys! This seems like the perfect time for a referral you can get her in the spring and Sara you can take off a litte time from school and then have the whole summer! How fun! So happy for you. Sarah = )